Everything we do takes time
Think of all the things you do in a day.
Time is split up into seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months and years!
- 1 year is made up of 12 months
- 1 month is made up of 4 whole weeks
- 1 week is made up of 7 days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- 1 day is made up of 24 hours.
- 1 hour is made up of 60 minutes.
- 1 minute is made up of 60 seconds.
Not all months have the same amount of days. Some have 30 and others have 31. February is the only month that has 28 days.
Months that have 30 days: September, April, June and November
Months that have 31 days: October, December, January, March, May, July, August
Months that have 28 days: February
Here's a rhyme to help you remember:
Thirty days has September,
April, June, and November.
All the rest have thirty-one,
Except for February alone,
Which has twenty-eight days clear,
And twenty-nine in each leap year.
A leap year happens around every 4 years. This means that every 4 years, February has 1 extra day. That means there are 365 days in a year and 366 days in a leap year.